The Data/Fire/Security Designer will interface directly with our clients, Project Managers and multi-discipline design team to provide design services for clients in Healthcare, Commercial, Education, Automotive, Industrial, Food and Consumer Product markets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility will be to perform work in Revit and to assist with the design of the low voltage electrical systems.
- Detail and model life safety, network and security equipment required to monitor, operate and control life safety systems in conjunction with mechanical, process, and electrical systems.
- Produce riser diagrams, sequence of operations matrix and wiring diagrams.
- Provide field assistance as required.
- Monitor and review on-site installation, start-up and operation of Data/Fire/Security system designs.
- Perform inspections of equipment as required.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
Minimum Education and Experience
High School Diploma / DIRECT / 0-2
Bachelor’s degreee preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred Associates Degree in related field.
- Preferred NICET Level I (or higher) certification.
- Minimum of one year design experience in life safety, network, and security systems.
- Understanding of fire alarm, networks, intrusion detection, access control, or video surveillance systems and wiring diagrams.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills with Revit, AutoCAD, MS Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion.
- Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment.
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.