SSOE Group is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer for our Nashville, TN or Birmingham, AL office. This individual will provide design expertise to our automotive and manufacturing business unit.
Mechanical Engineer (Automotive Facilities)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Projects as the Mechanical Discipline lead, interfacing with the client, performing detailed calculations, and leading a team that will develop the construction documents.
- Assist mechanical team on large, complex projects.
- Manage and deliver tasks under minimal supervision and guidance.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum of 6 years of manufacturing or automotive facilities design experience preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license required.
- Knowledge and application of HVAC and Industrial Ventilation is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications; AutoCAD and REVIT experience preferred
- Experience with Caesar Pipe Stress analysis software and Pipeflo software is a plus.
- Demonstrated self-starter committed to the delivery of quality products and building long term profitable relationships.
- Must be able to work well in groups across multiple offices.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.