SSOE is searching for an on-site MEP supervisor with at least six years of experience for an upcoming industrial brownfield project. Working with a team of other disciplines, this person will be responsible for overseeing the mechanical, electrical and piping portion of the construction.
MEP Construction Coordinator
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- MEP coordinator’s primary duty is to act as a liaison between different parties working on the project for HVAC, Piping and Electrical work in an Industrial process installation, such as HVAC systems, UMA, Chillers, air conditions, Compress air, Gas, Vacuum systems, Nitrogen, Sanitary, water systems, medium voltage distribution, light fixtures, substations, etc.
- Reviews of construction documents submitted by contractors, ensuring all documents related are well maintained and dealt with.
- The MEP coordinator will be in charged in supervising the work performed by the subcontractors under his jurisdiction. This demands regular on-site inspections during which the MEP inspects the subcontractors’ work for quality and to ensure that it adheres to the project’s specifications.
- Inspects all the material, installations and equipment delivered to site on time.
- As part of his work as a liaison between the subcontractors and the rest of the project team, as well as in keeping with his duties related to the project’s budget.
- Coordinates routine site patrol and site daily records for specific discipline, keeping the Site Manager or the Construction Manager informed daily of progress and problems.
- Attends main site acceptance related to all mechanical, electrical and piping infrastructure such as UMA, Substations, switch, PDP, I-lines, HVAC units, Fire protection systems, Air conditioning during testing adjusting and balancing phase, Commissioning and final acceptance
- Reviews construction drawings for constructability coordinating and specification to take effective and early measures to lower the influence of change on site construction and project cost.
- Assists Project Manager to check and audit the completed work quantities of contractors (cost estimations and unit prices).
- Contributes to daily/weekly/monthly report for particular section of work by a draft statement.
- Assists the general contractor for the preparation of ‘as-built’ mark-ups.
- Assists the project manager with the punch list development of every MEP discipline.
- Able to communicate verbal and written communication in English and Spanish
- Preference of living location in Bajio area (Silao, GTO).
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of the NOM-001-SEDE-2012, NEC, CFE Regulation, ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA’s 90.1-2010 standard, ASHRAE Standard 55–2010, NFPA -90A – 2012 and SMACNA’s HVAC Duct Construction Standards
- Experience in RFI & Submittal document control
- Conversational english ability is preferred
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.