SSOE Group is seeking a talented Project Controller and/or Assistant Project Manager for our Toledo or Midland office. In either role, the candidate will help support Engineers, Project Managers, and design professionals support internal and external clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Project Managers with day to day project tasks.
- Creating and maintaining project status reports, including meeting with project team members to gather information.
- Assisting with developing schedules for proposals and projects.
- Monitoring engineering budgets, costs and schedule.
- May attend meetings with clients.
- Manage single / two discipline projects while being mentored by Project Manager.
- Responsbilities may include working the with estimating and cost group to help develop estimates and manage cost.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / ENTRY / 3-5
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- For APM:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice or an Associate degree in the engineering field is preferred.
- CAPM Certification is encouraged
- A minimum one (1) year experience as an Engineer 1 or a minimum three (3) years related experience.
- Travel required.
- Good facilitator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in the following software packages: (Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CADD). Primavera P6 is a plus.
- For PC:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or architecture preferred, with little or no practical working experience in this field.
- Five (5) years related experience in Scheduling, Estimating, Cost controls or other Project Management related activities in lieu of degree.
- Must be a quick learner, detail-oriented and possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experienced in the following software packages: (Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CADD). Primavera is a plus.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.