SSOE is seeking a Tool Install Design Lead for our Santa Clara, CA office. This role will primarily be located on our client site.
Project Manager (Semiconductor)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads internal meetings, client meetings, and workgroup meetings with minimal guidance from supervisor. Documents meeting minutes and action required items; helps drive open items to closure.
- Identifies and resolves design problems with minimal guidance from supervisor.
- Ensures that work complies with client standards and requirements.
- Creates/modifies/marks up tool design packages in AutoCAD.
- Provides RFI responses (working with content experts).
- Performs routine field walks to validate that design is constructible.
- Coordinates in-house project and project engineering/design schedules.
- Sets up internal design reviews; schedules meeting rooms.
- Tracks tools schedule with minimal guidance from supervisor.
- Ensures that work complies with specifications of Tool Install Contract.
- Creates estimates for scope of work.
- Coordinates project design with outside consultants.
- Manages assigned design’s Schedule, Scope, Cost and Quality.
- Job duties may include onsite field verification of architectural, mechanical, process, electrical, and structural systems during the design process and after IFC to support RFI’s.
- Communication with client, PM and Design Team.
- Will be involved in reviewing packages with client.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree / RELATED / 3-5
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate degree in the engineering or architectural fields preferred.
- Multi Discipline Experience – able to communicate mechanical, process, structural, electrical needs from City and Fire permit review team to Design engineers.
- Able to conduct field verification in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit.
- AutoCAD not required but a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk, perform field verification which may require stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing ladders, and crawling under a raised metal floor. In addition the employee will be required to perform those functions while in a clean room suit. May rarely life and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vis
- Although the aforementioned physical demands are representative of what is required, modifications may occur which are client-specific. Training for subsequent physical demands will be given or arranged for a project-by-project basis for those going to a unique environment.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.