SSOE Group is seeking a talented Senior Furnace Designer for our Toledo, Ohio Office.
Senior Designer (Furnace)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates project assignments of varies sizes with the overall responsibility for budget adherence, quality control and inter-discipline coordination.
- Makes decisions independently on design problems, practices and methods, but may receive input on unusual or complex problems from the department manager for proposed design solutions.
- Provide detailed design services for glass furnace and forehearth,refractory and binding steel.
- Assist in the design and layout of hot end operating systems such as furnace cooling wind, cooling water and combustion system drawings.
- Work with structural and mechanical engineers to develop scopes, specifications and construction bid packages.
- Lead a team of furnace designers, assign work for the team, coordinate overall furnace area project to adhere to project scope and schedule and review work of project design team.
- Checks progress of work and alerts project manager to changes of scope or additional services.
- Will be a technical leader for projects and work directly with the client to insure adherence to overall project goals.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree / DIRECT / 8+
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate degree or certification of completion of other post secondary training in engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience as a glass furnace designer.
- Ability to manage project budget, scope, schedule, and work under tight deadlines.
- Glass furnace design competency is required.
- Autocad 2D experience is required.
- 3D experience (Inventor or SolidWorks or similar) is a plus
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.