The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods and techniques for the execution of work on small to larger projects.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop concept programming reports.
- Design from concept programming through execution.
- Interface with design team, project managers and clients to lead effort for the development of electrical design packages.
- Prepare and review construction documents (construction specifications, submittals, RFI’s).
- Direct and coach junior engineers and designers.
- Knowledge of primary and secondary (Low voltage) normal power distribution systems, emergency power distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and associated power distribution systems with emphasis on facility redundancy and reliability.
- Low voltage power system modeling and coordination.
- Perform design with assuring code compliant.
- Experience with auxiliary systems including grounding, lighting, lighting controls, generators, UPS, battery systems, photovoltaic systems, lightning protection, fire alarm, early warning smoke detection, gas monitoring, leak detection, security and telecommunications systems.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed professional engineer (PE) required.
- Minimum of six to eight years of experience in industrial and advanced tech facilities preferred, extensive experience in commercial power distribution design will also be considered.
- Familiarity with applicable codes & standards, including the National Electrical Code.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion.
- Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment.
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field.
- Ability to lead industrial facilities design and construction projects.
- General knowledge of monitoring and control of industrial systems a plus.
- Experience with Medium voltage normal power distribution systems and relay coordination a plus.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.