SSOE Group is seeking a talented Senior Electrical Engineer to serve as an Electrical Discipline Lead on selected projects for our automotive and manufacturing business unit. This position will report directly to a Department Manager.
Senior Electrical Engineer (Automotive)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with clients to develop scope of work, and review project progress.
- Coordinate with project team members and other disciplines to develop innovative and value-added solutions to complex problems.
- Provide cost-effective designs within budget and on schedule.
- Design and layout proposed systems on paper or electronically.
- Communicate design direction effectively to design support staff.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / RELATED / 6-8
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Professional Engineer License (PE).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing power, lighting, and grounding systems in large manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to create bid drawings & specifications, and provide adequate direction to design support staff.
- Must be able to meet delivery schedules and budgets on multiple concurrent projects.
- Must have excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience in classified area design is preferred.
- Understanding of Revit is a plus
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.