SSOE Group is seeking a talented Utility/Mechanical Engineer for our Food and Consumer Products (FCP) Business Unit. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter with clear and concise communication skills and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) design.
Senior Process Engineer (Food)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze utility systems and provide solutions to efficiency, production and other issues
- Develop system layouts, equipment sizing, selection and associated specification and scope of work write-up
- Work with the client and internal resources, develops project scopes schedules and budgets
- Direct a design team in the development of bid and construction packages
- Supervise junior staff and contractors
- Develop engineering and capital cost estimates
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 8+
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from ABET accredited school required
- 8+ years of proven experience in the food industry
- Comfortable in a food process facility
- Consulting experience highly desirable
- Ability to lead projects from feasibility to construction
- PE Preferred
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.