SSOE is currently seeking a Structural Designer to join our Automotive, Manufacturing and Facilities team. Qualified candidate has significant experience working on industrial building projects, particularly within the Manufacturing and Automotive industries. Additional experience with Commercial and Institutional projects is preferred.
Structural Designer (Manufacturing)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Model and draft complex steel and concrete structures including 2D elements and 3D models according to customer requirements (including BIM LOD requirements) and standard practices for construction documents.
- Collect information from all available sources in order to prepare accurate and complete 3D models and drawings.
- Verify dimension correctness and/or identify any interference between various elements.
- Provide technical support including teaching methods and procedures to less experienced Designers.
- May be required to visit the project site to verify existing field conditions, provide on-site support and other SSOE facilities for coordination purposes and/or provide training.
- Due to the travel associated to this role, a Valid US driver’s license is required, and the ability to qualify for company’s insurance.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate degree in CAD/BIM Design Technology or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years experience modeling and drafting steel and concrete structures of significant complexity utilizing both AutoCAD and Revit Structure software.
- Good working knowledge of Model Building Codes as well as AISC & ACI Material Codes & other referenced standards.
- Ability to fully utilize and leverage CAD/BIM software including AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation and Navisworks is essential.
- Ability to work well and be a contributor in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Have ability to complete a project from start to finish.
- Candidates must have significant experience with AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks. Experience with MicroStation is preferred.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.