SSOE is seeking a junior-level structural engineer to join our Automotive, Manufacturing and Facilities structural team. Candidates will work mostly on industrial projects involving building structures and structures associated with support and access for manufacturing equipment. Involvement with some commercial and institutional projects may be possible.
Structural Engineer (Automotive Facilities)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare hand calculations and/or utilize computer analysis and design software to design steel, concrete and masonry structures.
- Collect information and project requirements from all available sources for incorporation into project design.
- Coordinate location of structural members in relation to other project components.
- Identify physical interference issues and coordinate with other team members for acceptable resolutions.
- Review project submittals.
- Review and prepare responses to RFIs.
- May be required to visit the project site to verify existing field conditions and provide on-site support.
- May travel to other SSOE facilities for coordination purposes.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 0-2
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural engineering with PE/SE track is required.
- Experience with analysis and design of structural steel and concrete structures utilizing structural analysis design software.
- Ability to utilize and leverage Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks software.
- Ability to organize project deliverables to clearly show the intent and requirements of the project.
- Knowledge of the IBC, AISC and ACI standards and specifications, as well as other related industry standards, specifications and guidelines.
- Ability to work well with other team members in the same office or remote locations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.