TOLEDO, Ohio, January 9, 2015 – SSOE Group (www.ssoe.com), a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm, announced today that 2 employees earned professional registrations and 5 employees earned professional certifications during the first quarter of SSOE’s 2015 planning year. Attainment of professional licensure is strongly encouraged at SSOE. In fact, the company covers the expense of preparation classes and exam fees as well as providing paid time off to take the exam. As an added incentive, once a staff member has passed an exam, they are awarded a recognition bonus.
Hilario Forteza and Kevin Kalb recently received their professional engineering licenses. Both individuals successfully completed the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam that measures a candidate’s academic and practical knowledge of technical engineering. Candidates are eligible to take the exam after meeting statutory requirements including a minimum of four years of acceptable work experience.
- Hilario Forteza, PE graduated from The Manuel L. Quezon University with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. Forteza works in SSOE’s Santa Clara, California office and has more than 28 years of experience in electrical engineering, design, detailing, coordination, and planning, specializing in power distribution systems for various high-tech industries.
- Kevin Kalb, PE graduated from The University of Toledo with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Kalb works in SSOE’s Toledo, Ohio office and specializes in the design of facility HVAC and piping systems, ventilation, and industrial ductwork within the automotive, industrial, commercial, and educational industries.
Jason Christen, John Gill, Jon Hawkes, Anthony Hiss, and Mark Symington earned their certifications as Project Management Professionals (PMP). This certification, awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI), indicates that the individual possesses the knowledge and skill necessary to lead and direct project teams, and deliver project results within the constraints of schedule, budget, and resources.
- Jason Christen, PMP, LEEP AP – GA graduated from Bowling Green State University with a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management and is also a graduate of the Institute for Lean Systems Executive Excellence Program. Christen, a LEED® Green Associate, has over 10 years of project management experience and currently works in SSOE’s Toledo, Ohio office.
- John Gill, PE, PMP, LEED AP is a graduate of The University of Kansas where he earned a Bachelor of Architecture and Architectural Engineering. Gill has over 20 years of experience and currently works in SSOE’s Birmingham, Alabama office as SSOE’s Director of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC). In this role, John is responsible for the implementation of SSOE’s VDC program.. In addition to earning his PMP, Gill recently earned his Lean Construction Institute certification, indicating his knowledge and expertise in lean project delivery and integrated approaches, as well as his intimate understanding of the fundamental principles and basic practices that these processes.
- Jon Hawkes, PMP graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. He has over 20 years of experience in project management, which includes nearly 10 years supervising engineering, operational, administrative, and installation staff. Hawkes works in SSOE’s Kalamazoo, Michigan office.
- Anthony Hiss, PMP graduated from The University of Toledo with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Hiss has more than 15 years of industry experience and currently works in SSOE’s Toledo, Ohio office serving as Assistant Project Manager for the Quality Systems Department.
- Mark Symington, PMP is a graduate of The University of Toledo where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering. He has over 30 years of experience, and has assisted various clients with productivity analysis, work standards, facilities layout, design and implementation of new product / process launches, focus factories, and lean manufacturing concepts. Symington works in SSOE’s Toledo, Ohio office serving as a senior-level project manager.