Volkswagen’s new Chattanooga, Tennessee production facility is a model of environmental responsibility and sustainability. SSOE integrated these core values into every level of the project, from design through construction. The site includes outbound logistics, an extensive training center, media center, social hall, cafeteria, technical center, tank farm, recycling center, and fire station.
The Stats for Volkswagen’s New Production Facility
- 830 acre brownfield site
- 2.7 million square feet
- $1 billion investment
- First LEED® platinum industrial campus in the U.S.
- First LEED platinum automotive assembly plant in the world
- Largest platinum project in the U.S. (based on building area)
In the News
- Volkswagen Selects Engineering and Architecture Firm and Environmental Consultancy for New Production Facility
- Volkswagen Chattanooga Becomes World’s First LEED® Platinum Automotive Manufacturing Plant with Design and Construction Management from SSOE Group
- SSOE and Volkswagen Accept 2011 Tennessee Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award for Building Green
- Architect Magazine: “Planes Trains and Automobiles – the Next Generation of Automobiles Begins with the Design of the Factory”