I’ll bet you didn’t know that working for your company automatically got you a position on the company safety team. The safety manager, let’s call him “Coach,” is a firm believer that, as a team, we win together and we lose together. So we all need to be peak performance players.
Here are some notes from Coach’s playbook:
- No injuries!
- No incidents!
- No exposures!
- No harm!
- Quality time with family and friends doing safe activities!
- For Safety’s Sake, Do Something!
- Know safety hazard prevention.
- Be alert at all times.
- Have a plan of action for all hazardous situations.
- Have the right tools for the job; don’t use defective tools or bad equipment.
The Execution Plan
- Take Care of Ourselves: Stretch, eat healthy, practice safe lifting, stay mentally alert., wear PPE every time it is required.
- Take Care of Our Team: Identify and report all hazards, hold each other accountable for unsafe acts, and be aware of your surroundings.
- Plan Your Strategy:
STOP – Stop, think, observe, then proceed. Take time to survey your surroundings.
PLAN – Make a SPA (Safe Plan of Action) for all your work, home, and leisure activities.
ANALYZE – Look at the situation and determine the safe way to proceed. Look for dangerous things around you.
MANAGE – Manage the situation and do the right thing on behalf of safety.