The holidays may look a little different this year. Please take these tips into consideration when holding / attending Thanksgiving gatherings. We’re all in this together. Let’s have a healthy & safe Thanksgiving. We can share this day with loved ones, but let’s play it safe.
Hosting a Gathering
Be sure everyone stays healthy.
- Consider having a small gathering of guests this year.
- Have conversations with guests ahead of time to set expectations.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and items between use.
- If possible, open windows to allow fresh air.
- Have one person do all the serving of the food.
- What about a virtual Thanksgiving meal with those you don’t live with?
- Schedule a time to have the meal together.
- Have a contest. Compare plates to see whose looks best.
- Share your favorite recipes.
Attending a Gathering.
Make your celebration safer.
- If you or someone else are not feeling well, do not gather together.
- Consider taking your own drinks, plates, cups, and utensils.
- Utilize disposable serving and eating ware.
- Wear a mask when not eating and drinking.
- Wash your hands frequently or take some hand sanitizer.
- Avoid going in and out of the areas where food is being prepared.
- Provide adequate spacing between each person.