As COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the country, it is important to adapt healthy coping methods to get through the outbreak.
Positive Coping Methods
- Take breaks from watching, reading or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly
can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep and avoid alcohol.
- Make time to unwind. Include other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others via phone. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
Individuals who may respond strongly to the stress of the current situation can include:
- Elderly people and people with chronic diseases who are at higher risk for COVID-19.
- Children and teens.
- People who are helping with the response to COVID-19 like doctors and other health care providers or even first responders.