Summer Time!! Yes folks, It’s that time again! Time for warm weather, grilling and picnics, water activities, travel, and outdoor fun! If you practice common sense and safety in all of your activities you will keep you looking good, feeling good, and you won’t miss out on any of the fun.
- Wash hands with soap and warm water before handling food and after handling raw poultry or meat.
- Prevent cross-contamination of bacteria, keep raw meats away from other foods.
- Cook foods thoroughly, especially ground beef, poultry, and pork.
- Refrigerate all perishable food within two hours.
- Before using a grill, clean it to remove any grease or dust. Check for gas leaks.
- Use the grill outside, not in a garage, porch, or other enclosed space.
- If you use a fire pit, put out fire completely before leaving it unattended.
- Do not park your vehicle on grass; hot exhaust can ignite dry vegetation.
- Don’t swim alone.
- Wear a life vest while boating.
- Supervise children at all times in and near the water.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher. Apply it generously throughout the day.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Don’t drink and drive or travel with anyone who is drinking and driving.
- Wear your seatbelt at all times.
- Make sure your vehicle has been serviced before a long road trip.
- Familiarize yourself with your surroundings and know where the nearest emergency room is in case of an emergency.
- When opening your camper for the season, change all batteries.
- Check for fully charged and serviced fire extinguishers.
- Have a plan for what to do in emergencies.
- Check for any leaks, like water or gas.